Possibly the perfect gift for your Orioles loving person. Each bottle opener is crafted using a game used bat. They are then each authenticated and you can look up what game your bat was used in, who used it and geek out over all the cool stuff. Truly a one of a kind gift!
- Please note that each opener is different and will not look exactly like the bat pictured. We think this keeps it fun, and makes each item more unique and hope you do too!
- This bottle opener is made from an MLB Authenticated Game Used Baltimore Orioles Broken Bat.
- Wood features scratches and scuffs of bat split from ball impact. Quality nickel-plated hardware. Measures 6-1/2" and engraved with team name. Color, markings, shape and wear vary depending on the bats sourced.
- Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, each bottle opener includes a tamper-evident hologram sticker to ensure authenticity and comes gift-boxed with an authentication instruction card.
- A bat yields about 19 regular openers and 1 very special one: the knob at the bottom of the bat.
- Each MLB artifact is authenticated under the auspices of the MLB Authentication Program and carries a uniquely numbered hologram that allows fans to verify their item at MLB.com/authentication. MLB Authenticators witness, log, and adhere holograms to each bat that breaks and comes out of play. Thus the details of each bat are linked to a unique hologram number in this online database.
- Bats are hand-cut, shaped and engraved and an MLB Authenticator affixes an additional secure hologram to each piece of bat. This new product hologram is linked to the original artifact hologram. When fans enter the bat bottle opener's hologram into MLB's site, it reveals the date and rival team of the game in which the bat was removed from play.
- The Major League Baseball Authentication Program is the most comprehensive league-wide memorabilia authentication initiative in professional sports. Since its launch in 2001, it has become the industry standard for game used sports authentication. MLB stations an authenticator at every game played throughout the season. This demonstrates a commitment to ensuring all game used artifacts are genuine.